Friday, November 03, 2006

 

Corker/Ford Senate Race Spurs Heavy Local Early Voting

I'm local to Chattanooga, and stong early voter turnout was the lead story on the local TV news. You can see the Chattanooga Times Free Press story here and the same in Nashville's Tennessean here. The last time I can remember this much electoral interest being generated in this area was the 92 Bush/Perot/Clinton debacle. Tennessee shamefully fell to Clinton in that one. My read locally is that Corker is heavily favored, but that's no doubt skewed by the fact that this is Corker's home turf. Off topic a bit: During the 92 race I remember one old country guy on the local TV news declaring: "I'm votin' for Bush 'cause I don't think I can stand four years of Hillary!" If he'd only known...

Comments:
Chip -- welcome to the blogosphere! I'll bookmark your blog and check back for more interesting reading. Thanks for visiting my blog. I am mourning the loss of free speech because of campaign finance reform.

When you visit my blog look on the top of the left-hand side bar and click where it says "Mourning the Loss of Free Speech."
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?